Initial Response to the Brief

Our coursework brief is to write a screenplay, and with that screenplay either turn it into a 5-minute short film, or produce a digital storyboard. If choosing to to a short film, the screenplay must be roughly 5 pages long, equating to around 5 minutes. If choosing to do a digital storyboard, the screenplay must be 10 pages long, roughly 10 minutes if it were to be transferred to screen. 

As a Media Studies student alongside Film Studies, I also have to create and produce a music video and 2-page magazine spread about a new artist. As a result of this coursework being audio-visual, I decided I would take the route of creating a screenplay and producing that into a digital storyboard. I chose this because I believe I will be able to show off more of my skill set when it comes to my UCAS application for universities. This is because I want to do media production, so allowing myself the opportunity to do something audio-visual with media, and still-photography with film would be beneficial. 

Aside from choosing between the short film or storyboard, I haven't yet made any decisions on what my screenplay will be about. I have had a few ideas of what could potentially be interesting to write about based on the short films we have been watching in class, in particular Operator (2015, Caroline Bartleet) and Echo (2013, Lewis Arnold). 

Comments

Popular Posts