Idea 1: Adaptation of a Novel/Short Film
In order to make my short film, I could adapt one of my favourite short films as mentioned in one of my blog posts; Tooty's Wedding. In this film, we see one of the characters cheat on his wife with an old university friend, alongside the blossoming of a relationship between his wife and another of his friends from uni. What isn't explored, is the aftermath of this - it ends on a very sombre note, Peter and his wife Alison are fighting, Peter has had his nose broken and they are arguing about their dogs - she 'rings them' saying they'll be back by lunch time, with Peter remarking if they asked them to pick anything up on the way home. It could be interesting to explore the relationships while Peter was at university, as these were only briefly mentioned in the film, but were catastrophic for their marriage. This would also be interesting costuming wise, as I would have to find clothing that would be reminiscent of the late 80s/early 90s if I wanted to explore the university years of characters now in their 30s.
If I was to adapt a novel, I might pick one of my favourites; The Perks of Being a Wallflower. This might prove difficult however, as already being a feature film, I would have to be careful to make sure I don't copy or do anything similar to how it has been done in the film. I think the family dynamic in this book is really interesting, and could be good to explore in a short film format, but it might be difficult considering the context is in a much wider time frame than a 5-10 minute piece of writing.
If I was to adapt a novel, I might pick one of my favourites; The Perks of Being a Wallflower. This might prove difficult however, as already being a feature film, I would have to be careful to make sure I don't copy or do anything similar to how it has been done in the film. I think the family dynamic in this book is really interesting, and could be good to explore in a short film format, but it might be difficult considering the context is in a much wider time frame than a 5-10 minute piece of writing.
Comments
Post a Comment