Idea 2: News Story

There was recently a news story on Twitter about a house in Australia which was up for sale, however the more you looked into it, the more you saw lots of weird things about the house, such as all the dolls and clown costumes that someone had kept there and photographed to incentivise people to view the property. This, I know, is an odd thing to be considered 'news', but I think it serves as good inspiration for a short film - definitely of the horror genre. A good horror film is difficult to make, but a bad horror film is often enjoyable simply because it's bad. If I leant into this assumption and did more of a parody, this could potentially play into my favour.

I recently watched Ghosts on BBC One, about a couple who bought a house inhabited by ghosts of different centuries - a caveman, an army officer, a Georgian lady, a romantic poet, a 1990s politician etc., and its quickly become one of my favourite series. This could be good to base the idea of the strange house and different eras of 'ghosts', and again would be visually interesting costume-wise.

Comments

Popular Posts