Aims and Intentions

I would like for my short film to be similar to The Arrival in the sense that is is a long focus on one issue, which stems conversation of other issues personal to that character. I think it would be interesting to write a screenplay based on this idea as incorporating too many storylines and too many different characters would be overcrowding for just 10 pages of script - especially in addition to creating a 3-act structure and consistent plot line.

As well as this, I would like for the colour palette to be similar to The Arrival. I think the muted tone and grey-scale was effective as it did not draw attention away from the action and the dialogue. I thought it was especially effective as it was quite an intense shot used - staring directly at one person for 4 minutes as the camera slowly zooms in and out, as it again was not distracting or aggressive on the eyes.

I would like to use the voice over element in order to create narratives within the narrative, though not entirely different ones. By this, I mean that I would like to use v/o to externalise the characters feelings about their situation to the viewer only, creating a dramatic irony, privileged spectator element.

Comments

Popular Posts